- HIV Screen
- HIV Confirmation
- Syphilis Screen
- Syphilis Titer
- Syphilis Confirmation
- Wet Mounts (For vaginal bacterial/Parasite testing)
- Gram Stains (For STI testing)
- Urine Pregnancy Tests
- Hep B DNA Testing
- Hep C RNA Testing
- Urine Analysis
- Urine Pregnancy, qualitative
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea Testing ( vaginal, urethral, oral & rectal)
- QuantiFERON - TB GOLD PLUS
- Rabies Testing
- Milk and Dairy Testing
- Water Testing
Laboratory Response Network (LRN)
- Coronavirus, to include variant sequencing for Delta & Omicron
- Foodborne Pathogen
- Waste Water Surveilance
- Emerging Diseases, such as Coronavirus
- Packaging and Shipping Category A and B Specimens
Well Water Safety
With its many uses for drinking, recreation, sanitation, hygiene, and industry, water is our most precious global resource. Access to clean and safe water, adequate sanitation, and improved hygiene are critical to sustaining human health and life. Although water is essential for life, it also causes injuries and can spread illness when it is contaminated by disease-causing organisms.
Water from wells needs to be tested at least once a year or when one or several of the following issues are present:
- There are known problems with well water in your area
- You have experienced problems near your well (e.g., flooding, land disturbances, and nearby waste disposal sites)
- You replace or repair any part of your well system
- You notice a change in water quality (e.g., taste, color, odor)
For more information on testing your well’s water, please call (915) 212-0438. The cost is $23.00 per sample. (Call for price if >10 samples/month); $44.00 for Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC)
For testing of private wells in unincorporated areas of the county you may also contact the El Paso County Public Works Department at (915) 546-2015.
For more information please visit:
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Department of State Health Services - Dairy
- National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program - Drinking Water
Provide accurate and reliable test results to aid in the detection, prevention, and protection of human populations from infectious disease, foodborne and waterborne disease, and public health emergencies
9566 Railroad Dr.
El Paso, TX 79924
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. except during holidays.
Hours may vary during Holiday weeks, please contact office for specific hours.
Potable Water Samples accepted 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday at 5115 El Paso Dr. Suite A, El Paso, TX 79905
QuantiFERON Samples accepted 8:00 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Thursday at 9566 Railroad Dr., El Paso, TX 79924