Our MissionThe mission of the Internal Audit Office is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the City of El Paso’s operations. The Internal Audit Office helps the management team of the City of El Paso accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
The scope of work of the internal audit activity is to determine whether the organization’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and represented by management, is adequate and functioning in a manner to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- Interaction with the various governance groups occurs as needed.
- Significant financial, managerial, and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employee’s actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans, and objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the organization’s control process.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the organization are recognized and addressed properly.
- Opportunities for improving management control, accountability, and the organization’s image may be identified during audits. These opportunities will be communicated to the appropriate level of management.
Links & Resources
2016 Quality Assurance Review