In 2006, the City of El Paso created the Neighborhood Services Division within the Department of Community and Human Development to implement neighborhood-oriented programs. These programs assist residents to actively engage in improving and preserving their neighborhoods and to facilitate opportunities for citizens to be involved in local government.Goal: Build strong neighborhoods by encouraging community leadership and civic engagement.
- Connect residents to City services related to neighborhood needs.
- Provide support and assistance for the development and sustainability of neighborhood associations.
- Serve as a source of communication between the City of El Paso and El Paso's neighborhoods.
- Neighborhood Associations
- Formation, registration and sustainability of neighborhood groups
- Neighborhood Summit
- Annual forum to highlight citizen involvement in the community through keynote speakers, workshops and an information fair
- Neighborhood Leadership Academy
- Annual educational program to teach residents how their city government functions and operates
- Neighborhood Improvement Program (NIP)
- Competitive public improvement program for small-scale neighborhood projects by neighborhood associations (program availability contingent on budget allocation)
- Neighborhood Revitalization Strategies
- Comprehensive, community-driven approach that details specific goals, objectives and actions to revitalize distressed neighborhoods
- Builds partnerships with government entities, community stakeholders and residents to implement strategies that address safety & security, neighborhood appearance, housing, community services, economic development, workforce development, neighborhood facilities, education, infrastructure, and land use
Community and Human Development Department
Neighborhood Services Division
CITY 3 - 801 Texas
El Paso, TX 79901
Community and Human Development
801 Texas Ave., 3rd Floor
El Paso, Texas 79901
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Housing Services Division
Foster Grandparent Program
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program