- Test clinical specimens for STDs, TB, or molds and yeasts
- Perform QuantiFERON assay (alternative to TB skin test)
- Test milk to ensure it is safe to drink
- Test potable (drinking) water for bacteria
- Test recreational water for bacteria
- Test animal specimens for rabies
- Test food related to an outbreak
- Reference laboratory
Well Water Safety
With its many uses for drinking, recreation, sanitation, hygiene, and industry, water is our most precious global resource. Access to clean and safe water, adequate sanitation, and improved hygiene are critical to sustaining human health and life. Although water is essential for life, it also causes injuries and can spread illness when it is contaminated by disease-causing organisms.
Water from wells needs to be tested at least once a year or when one or several of the following issues are present:
- There are known problems with well water in your area
- You have experienced problems near your well (e.g., flooding, land disturbances, and nearby waste disposal sites)
- You replace or repair any part of your well system
- You notice a change in water quality (e.g., taste, color, odor)
For more information on testing your well’s water, please call (915) 212-0438. The cost is $23.00 per sample.
For testing of private wells in unincorporated areas of the county you may also contact the El Paso County Public Works Department at (915) 546-2015.
For more information please visit:
- Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Department of State Health Services - Dairy
- National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program - Drinking Water
Education and Promotion
CommUnity Care Center
- Hepatitis C Program
- Emergency Preparedness
STD Preventive Medicine
211 Call Center
4505 Alberta Ave. 2nd floor
El Paso, TX 79905
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. except during holidays.
Hours may vary during Holiday weeks, please contact office for specific hours.
Potable Water Samples accepted 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 5115 El Paso Dr. Suite A, El Paso, TX 79905
QuantiFERON Samples accepted 8:00 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 4505 Alberta Ave 2nd floor El Paso, TX 79905