Neighborhood Leadership Academy
The purpose of the Neighborhood Leadership Academy (NLA) is to educate residents of El Paso on how their city government operates and how they can work with their city government to preserve and improve the quality of life in their neighborhoods.
Participants receive first-hand information from City departments about City services and programs through comprehensive presentations and on-site field trips to various public facilities.
- 18-20 week program (Typically Starts January/February and Ends June)
- Classes meet once per week at various locations (Typically Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Enroll 55 participants per class
- Foster neighborhood leadership by promoting civic engagement
- Participants may be recommended for City boards and commissions
- Educate residents on City services and programs through presentations and tours from over 20 different City departments
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program
- More than four absences drops participant from program
ENROLLMENT SELECTION CRITERIA
- Must live or work be a resident living within the El Paso City limits
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- NEW TO THIS YEAR’S PROGRAM - Youth aged 13-17 must be accompanied by an adult enrolled in current program
Please call 915-212-1680 if you are interested in attending the next NLA session.
ADVANCED LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
- To provided additional educational training workshops to graduates of the NLA program and neighborhood association members to enhance their leadership skills. (Workshop topics and dates are announced throughout the year.)