The City Attorney's Office provides timely, cost-efficient, quality legal services to support the City Council, City Manager, and City staff in fulfilling their missions and implementing policy set by Council; and to advance, advocate, and safeguard the interests of the City in accordance with applicable law.
Advise City officials and departments on a wide range of legal issuesResearch and provide advice, opinions and recommendations on legal issues that come before the City.
- Draft municipal ordinances, resolutions, and agreements.
- Provide advice to City boards, committees, commissions, and City Council Legislative Review Committees.
- Advise Mayor, City Council, City Manager and other City officials of pending legislation and assist in drafting proposals for legislation in areas of concern to the City of El Paso.
- Provide legal advice on state and federal grants.
- Process claims on behalf of the City and against the City.