It's easy to recycle, here are a few rules to follow which help us recycle your products:
- Only place clean accepted recyclable items in the blue bin. (paper, cardboard, plastic, aluminum and tin) Bins with non-acceptable items will not be collected.
- Recyclables should not contain any food residue. Please rinse.
- Do not bag your recyclables. Clean recyclable items should remain loose in your blue bin. Bins with bagged recyclables will not be collected.
- Do not place your plastic bags, this includes grocery bags, department bags, food produce bags, garbage bags, etc., in your blue recycling bin.Take your plastic bags to a local retailer. This is no longer an acceptable item.
- E-waste does not belong in the blue bin. Recycle electronic waste or E-waste at a Citizen Collection Station (CCS).
- The curbside recycling program does not accept glass products. Please do not place them inside the blue recycling bins.
- Packaging may need to be separated. For example, your case of water is supported with a cardboard box and wrapped with plastic. You must separate the plastic from the cardboard since they are two different recycling materials.
- To help improve recycling in your home, place a recycling bin in your kitchen. When you or family members see a recycling bin, it will remind you to recycle.
- Place a small recycling bin in your bathroom. Remember you can recycle rinsed out shampoo, conditioner, and bubble bath bottles. You can also recycle the cardboard toilet paper rolls and toothpaste boxes.
- Remember to use reusable grocery bags
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact ESD at 915-212-6000.