Waiting times to file reports may be longer due to a reduction in personnel staffing levels. You may also file a report on-line. 

Traffic accident reports must be called in at this time we appreciate your patience.


Call 911 for Emergencies. If you need to have a police officer dispatched to your location immediately, if someone is injured, or if you have any emergency situation, call “911". This includes any “crime still in progress” or where the report you want to make has any type of “evidence” to be collected.

To file a non-emergency report on the telephone:

  • This is not an Emergency?
  • No one has been injured?
  • This incident occurred within the El Paso City limits?
  • This did not occur on a State Freeway?

If you can answer yes to all of the questions above, call (915) 832-4436 during business hours, Monday through Friday.

  • A Police Officer will NOT be dispatched to your location.
  • Reports that contain evidence will not be taken on the telephone.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime.

Examples of reports that CAN be made over the phone are:

  • Criminal Mischief
  • Credit Card Abuse
  • Theft
  • Harassment/ Threats
  • Lost/Stolen Property
  • Graffiti
  • Simple Assault
  • Indecent Exposure
  • Fraud/Forgery
  • Traffic Accidents (Must have occurred within the last ten days, under $1000 in damage, and no injuries)

Examples of reports NOT taken over the phone are:

  • Burglary of Habitation
  • Family Violence
  • Burglary of Vehicle
  • Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle


Please have the following necessary information ready before making the report:

  • Address of the incident
  • Your identifying information (such as: driver’s license, SSN, ID, cause numbers)
  • Serial numbers for any missing items of property
  • Information an investigator may use to contact you