ALL EPPD Public Records counters (including PDHQ) remain closed to public business until further notice. Any copies of Police reports must be requested and received by mail until restrictions due to the Coronavirus are lifted, or until operations during the COVID recovery enter a new phase.
Documents can be requested via the U.S. mail, or on the internet, using the Open Records request process on the City of El Paso website.
El Pasoans may call their nearest Police Regional Command Center to make a report of incidents or crimes that are not in progress at the time of the call, do not have evidence to be collected at the scene, or do not involve injuries.
The temporary hours of operation are: Monday through Friday 09:00am to 6:00pm. Callers should call again on another day should the call not be answered. Officers will take the information and file a Police Report based on information provided in the phone call, and provide a case number for the incident report.
Any copies of Police reports must be requested and received by mail until restrictions on movement due to the Coronavirus are lifted, and civilian staffing in facilities returns to previous levels.
- For Central Regional Command Center front desk please dial 212-0210.
- For Mission Valley Regional Command Center front desk please dial 212-0400.
- For Northeast Regional Command Center front desk please dial 212-8100.
- For Pebble Hills Regional Command Center front desk please dial 212-0190.
- For Westside Regional Command Center front desk please dial 212-0370.
Requesting by US Mail
Send to El Paso Police Dept. Records Division, 911N. Raynor St., El Paso, TX 79903. Include your postal mailing (return) address. Allow 10 business days for a response. The fee for reports requested by mail is $1.50.
Costs and payment for reports and records
- ACCIDENT/ CRASH REPORTS: $6.00
- OFFENSE REPORTS and INCIDENT REPORTS: 10 cents per page for the first 50 pages; Additional charges for overhead, materials, and labor if more than 50 pages.
- CERTIFIED ACCIDENT REPORTS: $6.00 plus $2.00 extra for a certified copy.
- OPEN RECORDS PROCEDURE REQUESTS: 10 cents per page for the first 50 pages; There may be additional charges for overhead (including computer research time) materials, and labor if more than 50 pages.
- BACKGROUND CHECKS AND CLEARANCE LETTERS: $6.00
Please pay by cash, money order, or check. Send or to deliver to:
EPPD RECORDS DIVISION
911 N. Raynor St.
El Paso, TX 79903
DO NOT MAIL CASH!
Make checks payable to: The City of El Paso