The El Paso Police Department’s VIPS program mission is to bring member of the community to work together with the Department to address community concerns regarding crime, safety and quality of life issues. Participants will be ambassadors for the City of El Paso and the El Paso Police Department. VIPS Volunteers are not police officers or able to take any enforcement action. VIPS Volunteers are eyes and ears for the community and the Department. For questions regarding the program email us at email@example.com.
How to Participate
To participate you must have attended a Citizen Police Academy or attend one within 12 months of participating in VIPS. To start the process fill out a police volunteer application. If you are currently a volunteer you just need to let us know of your interest in participating in VIPS and go through an interview and training. All participants are required to attend VIPS training, pass the interview process and pass a background check.
VIPS volunteers must meet the below listed requirements including being able to operate a vehicle, and being able to get in and out of the vehicle without any assistance.
- Be a resident of the City of El Paso
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Not have any felony convictions
- Not have any Class A Misdemeanor convictions
- Not have a Class B Misdemeanor Convictions in the last five years
- Not have a D.W.I. conviction within the last ten years
- Agree to pass a criminal history check
- Participate in an oral interview
- Complete all required training
Applications are available at all Regional Command Centers and Police Headquarters. You may also download the application below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at Police Headquarters at 911 N. Raynor.