NOTICE OF ADOPTION
Notice is hereby given that, during a regular meeting of the City Council held on FEBRUARY 20, 2018, the Mayor has approved and the City Council has passed the following Ordinances:
Ordinance 018756 An Ordinance amending the Final Project Plan and Final Reinvestment Zone Financing Plan for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number Five, City of El Paso, Texas, to provide four million dollars in TIRZ funding to the Sun City Lights Paseo de las Luces Project; adopting said amendments as required by section 311.011 (e) Texas Tax Code; also providing a severability clause.
ORDINANCE 018757 An Ordinance amending the Future Land Use Map contained in “Plan El Paso” for certain properties located South of Trawood Drive and West of Lee Trevino Drive, as identified in Exhibit “A”, from O1, Preserve, to G4, Suburban. Property Owner: Vista Hills Country Club. PLCP17-00007
ORDINANCE 018758 An Ordinance changing the zoning of A Portion of Tract 1X, Block 1, Ascarate Grant, 2210 Trawood Dr., City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas from R-F (Ranch-farm) to P-R1 (Planned Residential). The penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. Subject Property: 2210 Trawood Dr. Owner: Vista Hills Country Club. PZRZ17-00021
ORDINANCE 018759 An Ordinance changing the zoning of Lots 13, 14, and 15, Block 4, Collins Worth Subdivision Supplemental Map, 6110 Alameda Ave. an Addition to the City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas from R-4 (Residential) & C-4 (Commercial) to C-4 (Commercial). The penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. Subject Property: 6110 Alameda Ave. Property Owner: Armando & Juan Olivas PZRZ17-00023
ORDINANCE 018760 An Ordinance granting a Special Privilege license to the Board of Regents of the University of Texas System for the maintenance, use, and repair of portions of 18 existing surface parking spaces encroaching 3,511 square feet within portions of city right-of-way along Oregon Street adjacent to the property located at 2701 North Oregon Street.
Laura D. Prine, City Clerk
NOTICE OF INTRODUCTION
Pursuant to Section 3.9A of the El Paso City Charter, the following Ordinances were properly introduced at a Regular Council Meeting on FEBRUARY 20, 2018:
- An Ordinance amending Title 12 (Vehicles and Traffic) to create a new Chapter 12.58 (Parking Benefit Districts) to establish a parking benefit district program and to amend Chapter 12.88 (Schedules) to create a new Section 12.88.230 (Schedule XX – Parking Benefit Districts) to create new parking benefit districts and the boundaries for those districts.
- An Ordinance creating the University Parking Benefit District; and amending Title 12 (Vehicles and Traffic), Chapter 12.88 (Schedules), Section 12.88.230 (Schedule XX - Parking Benefit Districts) to add the University Parking Benefit District.
- An Ordinance amending Title 12 (vehicles and traffic), Chapter 12.56 (parking meters), section 12.56.020 (installation), amending Subsection C, as well as Section 12.56.030 (parking space designation - use), Section 12.56.040 (operation - time limits), Section 12.56.050 (use of slugs unlawful), and Section 12.56.070 (applicability of proceeds) to remove tokens as a method of payment and to extend the applicability of proceeds from 2025 until 2042 for the central traffic district and the south El Paso district; and amending Section 12.56.020 (installation) Subsection F to update the boundaries of the university parking benefit district, to reinsert an inadvertently removed exception to the regular hours of parking meter fees on a portion of North Coldwell Street, and to provide an exception to the fee along a portion of Cincinnati Avenue; the penalty being as provided in Section 12.84.010 (violation - penalty) of the El Paso City Code.
- An Ordinance amending Title 19 (Standards for Deeded Parkland) of the El Paso Municipal Code. In particular, Chapter and Section 19.20.050B - Minimum improvements for lands to be dedicated as parklands, requiring shade canopy over playgrounds as a minimum standards requirement.
- An Ordinance for a second amendment to the lease granting the University of Texas El Paso the use of a single duct in a portion of the City's existing underground conduit system to provide an additional route for lessee's fiber on the designated conduit route leased to lessee (Route No. 3). As consideration, the annual lease fee ($2,764.54) paid by lessee shall remain the same.
PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON MARCH 6, 2018 FOR ITEMS 1 – 5
- An Ordinance changing the zoning of Tracts 23 and 24, Block 52, Ysleta Grant, 9735 Joe Rodriguez Drive and 800 Southside Road, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas from R-F (Ranch and Farm) to M-1 (Light Manufacturing). The penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. Subject Property: 9735 Joe Rodriguez Drive and 800 Southside Road. Property Owners: Maria De Jesus Velazco. PZRZ17-00030
- An Ordinance amending Title 20 (Zoning), Chapter 20.22 (Nonconforming Situations), amending Section 20.22.080 Property affected by right-of-way acquisition to allow for properties affected by right-of-way acquisitions to be exempt from certain zoning regulations and to register as legal nonconforming. The penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.04 of the El Paso City Code.
PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON MARCH 20, 2018 FOR ITEMS 6 – 7
Laura D. Prine, City Clerk