If you ever have a concern about unethical, illegal or irresponsible activity, don’t keep it to yourself. Report it! Discuss it with a manager or supervisor.
If you are not comfortable discussing the issue with your manager or supervisor, report it anonymously through the EthicsLine online reporting tool or by calling 866-614-9688. Calls are not recorded or traced and you may remain anonymous.
Reportable violations include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Falsification of documents
- Overstating travel expense reimbursement claims or submitting false claims
- Unauthorized P-Card purchases
- Theft of City assets
- Using City resources or supplies for personal use
- Inappropriate use of computer systems, equipment, telephones, etc.
- Conflict of interest issues
- Extorting money or accepting favors/kickbacks from contractors, clients, or vendors
- Failing to follow state or federal laws, applicable rules, regulations, City policies & procedures
- Violating contract or grant procedures
- A substantial and specific danger to public/employee health or safety
When contacting the EthicsLine Hotline, please provide the following information:
- Details of your issue or concern
- The names of all individuals involved (if possible)
- The dates/times of the incident(s) and where it/they occurred
- Any other information that would assist the investigation