- Solid waste customers are billed a monthly fee of $19 plus tax. Commercial fee is $26.
- Each additional gray container is $19 plus tax per month. To request an extra gray container, call (915) 212-6000 or 311. Blue bins are limited to one per household.
- Overflowing bins requiring the driver to make one extra lift to collect garbage that did not fit in the bin with the lid completely closed are charged an extra fee of $4.50. If excess waste requires more than one additional lift, driver will leave waste behind requiring customer to contact Environmental Services at (915) 212-6000 or 311 to make arrangements for a special pick-up.
- Customers whose bins are tagged for violations of the El Paso City Code may call Environmental Services to have driver return after violation has been corrected. A $10 fee will be assessed.
- If the bin is damaged by the customer, a $55 replacement fee will be billed.
- Senior and Disabled Citizens discount is 20% of the $19 monthly fee or $15.20 plus tax. No discount given on additional bins. If a Senior and Disabled Citizens Discount is obtained, customer is not eligible for Sidedoor Collection Service (Curbside Exemption Waiver).
- Fees are billed and collected by the El Paso Water Utility.
- Customers must first open an account with El Paso Water Utilities, (915) 594-5500.
- Customers should then call the Environmental Services Department to request new service, (915) 212-6000 or 311.
- Customers receive one 96-gallon grey garbage bin and one blue recycling bin within 10 business days.
- Customers can put garbage bags on the curb on their designated collection day until the bin arrives.