Automotive and Special Waste
The Greater El Paso Landfill accepts small quantities of automotive waste from residential customers.
Customers may dispose up to 5 gallons of oil per visit. The landfill also accepts other materials such as, used oil filters, batteries and anti-freeze, if quantities are of normal household use.
The landfill will not accept automotive waste from businesses or commercial haulers.
Special Waste Acceptance Procedures
Certain special waste may require analysis and TCEQ approval prior to receiving authorization for disposal at the landfill. Examples of these special waste include railroad ties or utility poles, contaminated soils, incinerator ash, and certain other waste requiring special handling and as defined by TCEQ. Disposal of special waste must be coordinated through the landfill manager by contacting 212-6000. Following coordination with the landfill manager, this form must be completed and submitted to TCEQ. The disposal of special waste must be approved in writing by both the Landfill Manager and TCEQ prior to acceptance.
Note: The following waste shall be identified to the landfill cashier at the time of disposal for special handling and/or verification of documentation
- Whole used or scrap tires
- Items containing chlorinated fluorocarbons (CFCs), such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners
- Dead animals
- Contaminated soil (requires prior special waste approval)
- Expired/spoiled food or any food waste requiring Department of Health verification
- Industrial waste
- Treated medical waste
- Sludge (requires prior special waste approval)
- Any other special waste or waste requiring special handling