- Customers must first open an account with El Paso Water Utilities, (915) 594-5500.
- Customers can call the Environmental Services Department to request new service, order online by downloading our app ESD Works For You, or call 311.
- Customers receive one 96-gallon gray garbage bin and one blue recycling bin within 10 business days.
- Customers can put garbage bags on the curb on their designated collection day until the bin arrives.
- Solid waste customers are billed a monthly fee of $19 plus tax. Commercial fee is $28.
- Each additional gray container is $19 plus tax per month. To request an extra gray container, order online by downloading our app ESD Works For You, or call 311. Blue recycle bins are limited to one per household.
- THIS SERVICE IS SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19.
Overflowing bins requiring the driver to make one extra lift to collect garbage that did not fit in the bin with the lid completely closed are charged an extra fee of $5.00. If excess waste requires more than one additional lift, driver will leave waste behind requiring customer to contact Environmental Services at (915) 212-6048 to make arrangements for a special pick-up.
- Customers whose bins are left behind maybe in violation of the El Paso City Code and may call Environmental Services at (915) 212-6048 to have driver return after violation has been corrected. A $15 fee will be assessed if customers calls on their collection day.
- If the bin is damaged by the customer, a $55 replacement fee will be billed.
- Senior and Disabled Citizens discount is 20% of the $19 monthly fee or $15.20 plus tax. No discount given on additional bins. If a Senior and Disabled Citizens Discount is obtained, customer is not eligible for Sidedoor Collection Service (Curbside Exemption Waiver).
- Fees are billed and collected by the El Paso Water Utility.