Special Pick-ups (Bulky Items and Yard Waste)
City of El Paso residents may request a fee-based, special pick-up by calling the Environmental Service Department at 915.212.6000. This service is available from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Place bulky items at the curb in front of your home by 6 a.m. on the day your pick up is scheduled.
- The material must not obstruct sidewalks or vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
- Please keep the items a minimum of 5 feet away from your garbage and recycling containers, mailbox, fence, wall, water meter, telephone junction box, parked car, low hanging trees or other obstructions.
- $35 for 5 cubic yards or less
- $7 for each additional cubic yard beyond the first 5 cubic yards
- NOTE: Tax will be added to all charges
One city-issued blue recycling bin = ½ cubic yard (2 bins = 1 cubic yard)
Special pick-ups may include
- Appliances (must be empty)
- Barbeques (fuel and charcoal removed)
- Brush, tree trunks, branches and other green waste
- Furniture (must be empty)
- Lawn mowers (Fuel and motor oil removed)
- Mattresses & box springs
- Refrigerators & Freezers (must be clean, empty and free of odors; doors removed; refrigerant removed)
What we will NOT pick up
- Anything with a title of ownership (automobile chassis, motorcycles, trailers, boats, etc.)
- Commercial/Industrial generated material
- Compressed gas/air cylinder(s)
- Recyclable material
- Hazardous materials
Self Haul Options
You may also haul your bulky items to the Greater El Paso Landfill or one of the City's Citizen Collection Stations in accordance with the rules for those facilities. For more information about the landfill or the Citizen Collection Stations, call 915.212.6000.