Find Your Neighborhood Association Click here to use the interactive map to find a neighborhood association.
A Neighborhood Association is an organized group of residents who work together to represent the interests of their neighborhood. Effective neighborhood associations build stronger communities through advocacy and by organizing activities within their neighborhoods.
Benefits of forming a Neighborhood Association are:
- Builds stronger relationships and pride among neighbors
- Creates an organized and unified voice to city government
- Empowers residents to identify community needs and initiate positive change
The City of El Paso has a Neighborhood Association Recognition Ordinance, which is a standardized recognition policy for neighborhood associations and civic associations.
Benefits to being a recognized Neighborhood Association:
- Direct contact with Neighborhood Services as liaison to other City Departments
- City notices of planning applications for re-zoning, special permits, etc.
- Invitations to City activities, programs and community meetings
- Eligibility for programs to improve the quality of life in neighborhoods (ex. Neighborhood Improvement Program)
Downloadable forms and documents
- Neighborhood Association Recognition Ordinance
- Starting a Neighborhood Association Overview
- Neighborhood Association Registration Form (Printable PDF/English)
- Neighborhood Association Registration Form (Printable PDF/Spanish)
- Neighborhood Association Registration Form (Fillable/English)
- Neighborhood Association Registration Form (Fillable/Spanish)
- Civic Association Registration
- Annual Neighborhood Report Form (Due annually by June 30th)
- E-mail Release Consent
Downloadable example materials for Neighborhood Associations
- Overview of Robert’s Rules of Order
- Robert’s Rules of Order for reference during meetings
- Sample bylaws
- Sample agenda
- Sample meeting minutes
- Sample sign-in sheet
- Sample membership list
- Sample meeting flyer
- Sample neighborhood action plan