The ordinance that established the Fair Housing Task Force was approved April, 1988. The Ordinance provides for nine voting members and nine ex-officio members. Each City Council Representative is asked to appoint one voting member and the Chairperson is appointed by the Mayor. The ex-officio members are appointed by Directors of their various organizations within the community.
More information on the Fair Housing Task Force duties as well as member information can be found at the City Clerk's webpage where you can also view the Fair Housing ordinance and resolution:
AFFORDABLE HOUSING INFORMATION
For a list of affordable housing in your area, click on the following links and contact each property individually to verify availability. Some listings include information on accessible units.
TYPE A ACCESSIBLE UNITS ANALYSIS
FAIR HOUSING BROCHURES
- National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
- 311: City of El Paso Services and Programs
- 211 Texas Rio Grande Area Information Center
- TDHCA: Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs
- Texas Attorney General: Consumer Protection Division
- HACEP: Housing Authority of the City of El Paso
- City of El Paso - Office of Accessibility and ADA
- National Fair Housing Alliance