Division of Veteran and Military Affairs
Veteran and Military Community Event
William Beaumont Army Medical Center - Change of Command, 9:00 am, Noel Parade Field, 110 Sheridan Road, Fort Bliss, Texas
Veterans Affairs Advisory Committee Brief to City Council, 9:00 am, City Hall, 300 N Campbell
Veterans Wall of Honor Unveiling Ceremony and Recognition of 2019 Veteran of the Year »
Military Order of the Purple Heart - National Purple Heart Day »
Veterans Resource Center- Kharisma James 5K run and 1 Mile Wheelchair & Fun Walk »
Veteran Affairs Advisory Committee Monthly Meeting, 11:00 am, Main Room City Hall, 300N Campbell
11th Annual Bill Wiggs Memorial Golf Tournament »
9/11 Heroes Run, 10:00 am, 3110 Parkwood Street, El Paso, Texas »
Ft. Bliss Event Listings
To provide a voice to the city of El Paso leadership on all matters pertaining to the El Paso Veteran and Military Community. To be an advocate for Veteran affairs and Veteran Support Organizations' initiatives while maintaining a strong relationship between Fort Bliss, the City of El Paso, and our Veteran and military community.
The Division of Veteran and Military Affairs will be a liaison between the City of El Paso, Fort Bliss and other outside agencies, including but not limited to, federal, state and local Military organizations. The office will provide guidance, direction and coordination of Regional Military Issues and Veterans related issues.
- Serve as a Liaison for the City's Veteran Affairs Committee, Departments, Community Organizations, Businesses and Media to publicize services. Advise and assist Veterans in matters pertaining to their rights and benefits under law.
- Respond to requests for information and provide guidance on eligibility and entitlement requirements for federal, state, and local Veterans services, programs or benefits.
- Counsel advise and explain to the City's large Veteran population current laws and regulations for federal, state and local Veteran's services, benefits and / or programs.
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Paso Del Norte Borderplex Veterans Coalition
- Texas 211 -
Health and Human Services
- Steven A Cohen
Military Family Clinic
- City of El Paso Veteran Resources
- El Paso County Veteran Resources - Directory
- Employment at the
City of El Paso
- The Bridge - a Fellowship for Transitioning Service Members
- The Veteran Affairs Advisory Committee
- El Paso County Veterans Assistance Office
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- Fort Bliss Transition Assistance Program
- Texas Workforce Commission
Paul Albright, US Army CSM(r)