Community Development Block Grant
THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY + HUMAN DEVELOPMENT WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The City of El Paso’s Department of Community and Human Development (DCHD) invites the community to provide feedback on large-scale public facility projects that have been submitted that by several agencies.
Approximately $1.4 million of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds has been set aside by the City for large scale public facilities improvements that demonstrate a high community impact, benefit primarily low-to-moderate-income populations, and leverage ongoing community investments. CDBG funds can potentially be used for renovation and/or new construction of a public facility, park, or open space.
Large-scale public facility project submissions are as follows:
- Centro San Vicente, Healthcare Center Renovation
- City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department, JP Shawver Park Improvements
- City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department, All Abilities Playground at Mountain View Park
- City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department, Rae Gilmore Recreation Center Improvements
- YWCA, Joyce Jaynes Branch Renovation
All of these proposals provide a deep impact to our community in different ways. This form provides a summary for each of the project submissions. Read up on each of these projects, and then provide your feedback on any or all of these projects by completing the last text field for each section.
CLICK HERE TO READ UP ON PROJECT SUBMISSIONS AND TO PROVIDE YOUR FEEDBACK: https://forms.gle/wUyCpb7xrcrjVhqj6
NOTE: DEADLINE TO SUBMIT FEEDBACK IS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2020. Individuals are allowed to leave feedback on multiple projects and are not limited to providing feedback for just one project.
Community + Human Development is currently accepting
funding proposals for PY 2021-2022
Funding is available by the following three entitlement grants:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds may be utilized for various activities including public facilities improvements, public services, housing, and economic development programs.
The following amounts are projected for PY 2021-2022:
- $1,404,659 for Citywide Public Facilities projects
- $500,000 for District #1 Public Facilities projects
- $500,000 for District #8 Public Facilities projects
- $396,232 for Public Services programs under the Mental & Medical Health Services and Homeless, Emergency Shelter & Housing Services categories
- $80,000 competitive public service set-aside for up to two Incubator New project(s)
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds may be utilized by public agencies and private, non-profit corporations for the provision of street outreach, emergency shelter, homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing, Homeless Management Information Systems and administrative costs to assist individuals and families in regaining stability in permanent housing after experiencing a housing crisis or homelessness. Approximately $557,597 may be available for ESG activities.
Please review the 47th Policies + Procedures document for further details on each program and eligibility requirements.
Review of this document should be done prior to applying.
- Assurances A-D
- Attachment A - General Completeness Checklist
- Attachment B - Tentative Schedule for Upcoming Program Year
- Attachment C - HUD Income Limits for Upcoming Program Year
- Attachment D - Citizen Participation Plan
- Attachment E - Citizen Request Form - English
- Attachment E - Citizen Request Form - Spanish
- Attachment F - Community Performance Benchmarks
- Attachment G - ESG Program Certification
- Attachment H - ESG Written Standards Certifications
- Attachment J - Faith-Based Organization Guidelines
- Attachment K - HMIS Participation Standards
- Attachment L - Instructions to Obtain Certificate of Account Status
- Attachment M - Letter of Intent for CDBG Services, HOPWA + ESG
- Attachment N - Project Concept Form
- Attachment O - Public Facilities Application
47th Year DCHD Services Application and Attachments
- DCHD Services Application Link and Instructions
- CDBG Proposal Narrative Instructions
- ESG Proposal Narrative Instructions
- Outcome Statement Worksheet
- CDBG Services Budget Forms
- ESG Budget Forms
- Partner Supplement Form
- Authorization to Submit Online Application
- CDBG Services Scorecard
- ESG Scorecard
Community + Human Development Address:
City 3 Bldg., 3rd Floor
801 Texas Avenue
El Paso, TX 79901
Community Development Block Grant
Community and Human Development
801 Texas Ave., 3rd Floor
El Paso, Texas 79901
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Housing Services Division
Foster Grandparent Program
Retired and Senior Volunteer Program