City Attorney


What are the differences between the City Attorney, the County Attorney, and the District Attorney?

How does one file a claim against the City?

I would like to submit an open records request, what do I need to do?

If you are looking to submit an Open Records Request please visit the Open Records Requests management and tracking system

Does the City Attorney represent private citizens?

No. The City Attorney does not represent individuals in private legal matters. Attorneys in the office represent City officials and departments in the course of their official business. Referrals for other legal matters:

Criminal Prosecution - District Attorney’s Office:
County Attorney’s Office (Juvenile matters):
Criminal Representation - Public Defender’s Office:
Legal Advice and Representation for private or personal legal matters:
El Paso Legal Assistance Society: 
Texas Rural Legal Aid: 
El Paso Bar Association: 
Office of the Attorney General-Child Support Enforcement:
County Attorney’s Office-Protective Orders:
 (915) 546-2059
 (915) 546-2082
 (915) 546-8185

 (915) 544-3022 
 (915) 532-4328
 (915) 532-7052
 (915) 779-2388
 (915) 546-2153