Benefits & Risk Management

Workers Compensation

The City of El Paso is self-insured and self-funded in Workers' Compensation. Claims Administrative Services, Inc. is the City of El Paso's third party administrator. All monetary and medical benefits for workers' compensation claims are handled by Claims Administrative Services, Inc. The City of El Paso offers an additional benefit which is the City of El Paso's AWP (Accident with Pay).


Uniformed Employees

Civilian/Non-Uniformed Employees


Please contact us for any questions or comments:

Claims Administrative Services, Inc. (CAS) - 915-591-4181 CAS Website

Lupe Chavez - 212-1257 | Questions on leave balances, AWP payroll deductions

Lettie Jimenez - 212-1278 | Questions about workers’ compensation, subrogation claims, property and liability

Antonio Bernal - 212-1290 | Questions on Property and Casualty (certificates of insurance, auto liability questions, contracts, etc.)

Mary Michel - 212-1267 | Questions on AWP approvals, denials, payroll, or FMLA questions