Become a VIP Volunteer!
The El Paso Animal Services Center could not provide such outstanding care for our animals without the help of our volunteers. Providing love, care and attention to the 26,000 animals that come into the center every year is no small feat! Our Volunteers are involved in various aspects of the shelter - providing hands-on care and attention to the shelter animals, helping keep the shelter and kennels clean, participating in events and many other essential activities.
There are many ways for you to join our lifesaving volunteer team to help make El Paso a no-kill community. Whether you're part of a group looking for a one-time opportunity, looking for community service hours for high school or college, a member of the community that can volunteer an hour here and there or regularly, we have a place for you at El Paso Animal Services.
Regular Volunteer-for ages 14 and over
Group Volunteer-clubs, organizations, company groups
Kitty Reading Book Club-for ages 8 through 13
Community Service Restitution-must be scheduled and approved with the Volunteer Coordinator ahead of time
These are just some of the positions you'll be able to choose from:
- Adoption Ambassadors-Help adopters find the right pet for their family. This position's primary functions are to help visitors interact with pets, including assisting by getting dogs out of their kennels for potential adopters, answering questions, and providing education and resources. Providing friendly customer service while assisting potential adopters in their search for a new family member can be an integral part of helping shelter pets find their forever family. Adoption ambassadors can assist with adoptions at the shelter, or at offsite adoption events as scheduled
- Enrichment Volunteer-Working hand-in-hand with our Training and Enrichment Coordinator, you'll be able to help provide the much needed love, attention, exercise and enrichment our hundreds of shelter pets need. This keeps our shelter pets happy and healthy while they wait for their forever homes.
- Greeters-One of the most important positions at the center, the greeter is the first person our visitors see when they walk through the door. This position answers questions, guides potential adopters to the appropriate areas and serves as a point of contact for visitors.
- Medical Assistants-Provide assistance to our veterinarians and vet technicians either in our surgery suite, or with other medical duties. This position is subject to interview by our medical staff.
- Administration-If you're interested in helping the mission in a different way, there are many other areas in the shelter where we need your assistance, such as data entry, packet making and etc.
Marketing/Outreach-Do you have a way with words, are a wizard with the camera, or have an interest in education? Your skills can help us either market the thousands of pets that come into the shelter every month with social media, take photos of adoptable pets to help show their personality, or by representing El Paso Animal Services at community events around El Paso.
Requirements to Volutneer:
- Must submit a volunteer application.
- 17+ year-olds must complete a background check.
- Must have an email address and regular access to email.
Must be at least 14 years of age (14 -17-year-olds must volunteer with a guardian who will also become a volunteer. The guardian must be present at all times including the Orientation/Animal Handling Class).
- Must have a big heart and compassion for cats and/or dogs.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Volunteer Coordinator Rose Janice - (915) 212-8730 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to download the volunteer application. Once you have it completed, come by the shelter to drop it off. We will process your paperwork and set you up with a volunteer orientation date.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Dates:
There are no orientation dates at this time, please check back at a later date.
5001 Fred Wilson Ave, El Paso, TX 79906 (across from Ft. Bliss Cemetery)
(915) 212-PAWS Phone | (915) 212-0324 Fax
Open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.