- Wait until your recycling bin is at least half way full before setting it out for collection
- Do not bag recyclables (except for shredded paper)
- Simply place your blue bin next to your gray bin (3 feet apart) on the day of your collection. Make sure your bin is at least 5 feet away from parked vehicles, mailboxes, or utility boxes/poles.
- Recyclables are collected once a week, on your regular garbage collection day.
- The arrow on the top of the bins should point toward the street
- Don’t put your blue bin out on days when winds gust above 40 mph.
- Don’t put your blue bin out on days when temperatures drop below 20 degrees.
Participation in the Curbside Recycling program is voluntary. If you do not recycle properly, you risk having the Environmental Services Department repossess your blue bin and end your household’s participation in the program. Items placed in the blue containers must be recyclables and should not be mixed with non-recyclable household waste.