Under Section 1115 of the Social Security Act, states have an opportunity to redesign the delivery of Medicaid services through a five year waiver funding. This extension allows for programs in Texas to fund projects for the improvement on the quality of health services and a reduction of healthcare costs.
The health department is eligible for up to 5% of the community project “pot.” Though it may not seem like much, that 5% is about $14M, the largest infusion of non-property tax revenue in the history of the department.
The City of El Paso health department will use the Medicaid waiver receipts to expand preventive health services and/or collaborate with community partners.
Medicaid Waiver Projects:/Proyectos de Medicaid:
- Three-year Health Initiative
- Border Public Health Interest Group
- Community Health Atlas
- Mobile Dental Clinic
- Health Information Exchange
- Neighborhood Fire Stations for Health Screening/Health Promotion
- Cancer Screenings
- Hepatitis C linkage to care and resources
- Dental Exams (21 and younger)
- Glucose and Blood Pressure Check
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Health Education
Program Location5115 El Paso Drive
El Paso, TX 79905
Hours of OperationMonday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Improve the access and provision of preventive health services for Medicaid and low-income uninsured population in the El Paso and Hudspeth counties