The City of El Paso Department of Public Health (DPH) has established a Speakers Bureau (SB) to provide presentations to community groups and organizations on various public health related topics.
The SB is composed of Subject Matter Experts who offer presentations and materials in the subject areas listed below. Please note that these presentations are crafted for adult audiences and they may not be appropriate for children. If you request a presentation for school children, your request will be referred to our individual programs for special arrangements.
2-1-1 Information & Referral
- 2-1-1 - Presentation will describe the services and scope of work provided.
Communicable Disease Prevention & Treatment
- Flu Prevention - Participants will learn different methods of prevention and how to minimize exposure to communicable diseases.
- Pertussis - Participants will learn methods to prevent transmission of and exposure to pertussis.
- Tuberculosis 101
- Food Safety - This presentation provides general food safety information including appropriate cooking temperatures, equipment contamination, and hygiene.
Health Education and Promotion
- How to Talk to Kids about Sexuality - Talking to your children about sexuality should be a lifelong conversation. However, for some, breeching this subject with their children can be difficult and uncomfortable. This presentation will equip parents with tools, resources and skills to help make these conversations a little less challenging.
- HIV - This presentation discusses HIV prevention, signs and symptoms, modes of transmission, and referrals.
- Overview of DPH Services - Public Health has been in existence since the 18th century in different forms. Overtime, it has evolved into the modern and comprehensive public health model we use today. Learn about the history of our health at the Department of Public Health and how we have evolved locally over the years.
- Public Health Essentials
- Tobacco Awareness and Prevention - This presentation teaches parents how to talk to children about avoiding tobacco products, including the short and long term health effects.
- West Nile Virus - This presentation will define epidemiology, vector, transmission, disease symptoms and prevention. Participants will learn the 4Ds of prevention.
- Zika - This presentation discusses the mode of transmission and prevention methods of the Zika virus.
- ImmTrac2 Texas Immunization Registry - Participants will learn about the the benefits of ImmTrac2 as a lifetime immunization registry.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases - Participants will learn methods of prevention for vaccine preventable diseases such as Hepatitis B, HPV, and Tetanus.
- Tillman Health Center Laboratory
Nutrition Education - Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Basic Breastfeeding Promotion
- Mother Friendly Worksite Initiative - This presentation will provide information about mother friendly work sites. Information will entail how businesses can benefit from program and how to go about and fully support employees through work site lactation support program.
- Nutrition for Children 0-5 Years - Class focuses on nutrition for children 0-5 years old. This is a great chance to get individual help with any concerns about your child's eating habits and their healthy active living.
- Nutrition for Pregnant Teens - This presentation provides general recommended nutrition during pregnancy.
- WIC Program - This presentation focuses on the WIC Program and provides detailed information on how to qualify for WIC and the benefits offered.
Public Health Emergency Preparedness
- Extreme Weather Preparedness: Rainy Season and Flooding - Participants will learn how to identify monsoon season hazards, ways to prepare, and how to prevent effects of this season.
- Extreme Weather Preparedness: Summer Heat - Participants will learn how to prepare for summer heat hazards and how to prevent harmful effects of this season.
- Extreme Weather Preparedness: Winter Weather - Participants will learn how to identify winter weather hazards, ways to prepares, and how to prevent effects of seasonal hazards.
To request a presentation, please complete and submit the online Presentation Request Form (one request form per presentation). Requests must be made 2 weeks prior to your event/presentation. An SB representative will contact you to confirm the presentation within 2 days from your request.
For additional information please contact Sara Saucedo at (915) 212-6532 or via email at saucedoSA@elpasotexas.gov. Thank you.
Come Bien El Paso
---Come Bien-Iniciativa de Restaurante
Muevete El Paso
---Beneficios de la Actividad Fisica
- Preparedness Expo
---Consejos de Seguridad para Caminar
Salud El Paso - Español
Salvaje por la Salud
Oficina de Oradores
Speakers Bureau - Request Form
World TB Day Forum
Comunidades Saludables de Texas