FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION TO BE HELD AT
6:00 P.M., THURSDAY EVENING, NOVEMBER 13, 2008, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
#2 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA 2ND FLOOR
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda below will be considered by the Commission to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate
discussion of these items unless members of the Commission or persons in the audience
request specific items be removed from the Consent agenda to the Regular Agenda for
discussion prior to the time the Commission votes on the motion to adopt the Consent Agenda.
1. Discussion and Action on Approval of Minutes:
October 9, 2008 (Attachment)
2. Notation - Suspension Appeal.
Joseph Mitotes Fire Department
3. Notation - Hearing Officers Report.
Maria Del Rosario Rangel Suspension International Bridges
4. Notation Letter to CSC Chair Boureslan submitted by Bill Arballo, AFSCME Local 59 on behalf of Rosendo Huerta.
5. Notation CSC Rule 21 Ex Parte Communications submitted by Joseph Rochefort. (Attachment)
6. Notation Sun Metro Failure to Comply submitted by Joseph Rochefort.
7. Discussion and Action on Grievances filed by:
A. Carlos J. DeAnda Fire Department
B. Ulrike Kirby Fire Department
C. Sylvia Medina Fire Department
D. Raul Muro Fire Department
E. Raul Ponce Fire Department
7.25 Discussion and Action on Qualification of Applicants based on additional experience gained during Recruitment Process.
7.5 Discussion and Action on Approval of Hearing Officers Report and Recommendation:
Jimmy L. Tate Suspension Sun Metro
8. Discussion and Action on Performance Evaluation Sub-Committee Report and
Hector A. Camacho Fire Department
9. Discussion and Action on Appeal of Disqualification to take Examination and/or Removal
of Name from Eligible List in accordance with C.S.C. Rule 8, Section 1.d.1:
A. Molina, Lorena Utility Laboratory Technician
B. Riley, Robert Civil Engineer
The Civil Service Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Civil Service Commission Rule 1,
Section 11(a) and the Texas Government Code, Section 551, Subchapter D to discuss any of the following:
(The items listed below are matters of the sort routinely discussed in Executive Session, but the Commission
may move to Executive Session any of the items on this agenda, consistent with the terms of the Open
Meetings Act.). The Commission will return to open session to take any final action.
Section 551.071 CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY
Section 551.074 PERSONNEL MATTERS
10. Discussion and Action on Appeal of Disqualification to take Examination and/or Removal of Name from Eligible List in accordance with C.S.C. Rule 8.1.d.2
A. Avila, Kenny Animal Control Attendant
B. Davis, ODell E. Coach Operator Trainee
C. Hernandez, Marco Utility Plant Technician
11. Discussion and Action on Appeal of Disqualification to take Examination and/or Removal of Name from Eligible List in accordance with C.S.C. Rule 8.1.d.3
Zambrano, Roberto 1) Animal Control Shift Supervisor
2) Animal Services Officer
12. Discussion and Action on Appeal of Disqualification to take Examination and/or Removal of Name from Eligible List in accordance with C.S.C. Rule 8.1.f
A. Huerta, Rosendo 1) Animal Control Shift Supervisor
2) Animal Services Officer
B. Rivera, Cynthia 1) Cashier
2) Office Assistant
3) Police Records Specialist
4) Public Safety Call Taker
5) Transit Customer Service Representative
C. Suarez, Armando Solid Waste Truck Driver
Please note that you will need to have Acrobat Reader to open PDF documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you may
download the free program from the following address: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerstep2.html.
Sign language interpreters will be provided for this meeting upon request. Requests must be made to Human Resources at a
minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audio
upon request. Request must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting.
Posted this 10th day of November, 2008 at __________p.m. _____________________________________________
Mary L. Holguin Civil Service Recorder