FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION TO BE HELD AT
6:00 P.M., THURSDAY EVENING, JUNE 13, 2013, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
300 N. CAMPBELL – 1ST FLOOR
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda below will be considered by the Commission to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate
discussion of these items unless members of the Commission or persons in the audience
request specific items be removed from the Consent agenda to the Regular Agenda for
discussion prior to the time the Commission votes on the motion to adopt the Consent Agenda.
1. Discussion and Action on Approval of Minutes:
May 9, 2013 (ATTACHMENT)
2. Notation Assignment of Hearing Officers to the Following Appeals:
A. Sixto Pena-El Paso Water Utilities-Termination-Patricia Palafox
B. Elizabeth G. Walker-Police-Termination-William Ellis
3. Discussion and Action on Repeal of the Following Policy Approved/Adopted by Civil Service Commission:
Policy on Contracts not Requiring Civil Service Commission Approval-Approved March 23, 2006 (ATTACHMENT)
4. Discussion and Action on Approval of Hearing Officer’s Reports and Recommendations:
A. Leon Davis, Jr.-Library- Termination
B. Marta Castro-Public Health-Suspension
5. Discussion and Action on determination of whether to proceed with selection process for additional Hearing Officer(s), pursuant to Civil Service Rule 1, Section 12.
6. Discussion and Action on review of employment applications for Hearing Officer(s) and on the interview process, pursuant to Civil Service Rule 1, Section 12.
A. Robert L. Blumenfeld (ATTACHMENT)
B. Norberto Flores (ATTACHMENT)
The Civil Service Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Civil Service Commission Rule 1,
Section 11(a) and the Texas Government Code, Section 551, Subchapter D to discuss any of the following:
(The items listed below are matters of the sort routinely discussed in Executive Session, but the Commission
may move to Executive Session any of the items on this agenda, consistent with the terms of the Open
Meetings Act.). The Commission will return to open session to take any final action.
Section 551.071 CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY
Section 551.074 PERSONNEL MATTERS
Please note that you will need to have Acrobat Reader to open PDF documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you may
download the free program from the following address: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerstep2.html.
Sign language interpreters will be provided for this meeting upon request. Requests must be made to Human Resources at a
minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audio
upon request. Request must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting.
Posted this 10th day of June 2013 at __________p.m. _____________________________________________
Mary L. Holguin Civil Service Recorder