FOR A REGULAR MEETING OF THE CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION TO BE HELD AT
6:00 P.M., THURSDAY EVENING, MAY 12, 2011, CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
#2 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA 2ND FLOOR
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda below will be considered by the Commission to be
routine and will be enacted by one motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate
discussion of these items unless members of the Commission or persons in the audience
request specific items be removed from the Consent agenda to the Regular Agenda for
discussion prior to the time the Commission votes on the motion to adopt the Consent Agenda.
1. Discussion and Action on Approval of Minutes:
April 14, 2011 (ATTACHMENT)
2. Notation Assignment of Hearing Officers to the Following Appeals:
A. Tracey Fontenot-Museum & Cultural Affairs-Suspension-Patricia Palafox
B. Xavier Orozco-El Paso Water Utilities-Suspension-William Ellis
C. Ignacio Cabrales-Sun Metro-Suspension-Patricia Palafox
3. Discussion and Action on Election of Civil Service Commission Chair and Vice Chair.
4. Discussion and Action on Approval of Hearing Officers Report and Recommendation:
A. Gilberto Alvarez Suspension Department of Transportation
B. Efrain Perez Suspension Department of Transportation
5. Discussion and Action on Performance Evaluation Sub-Committee Report and Recommendation:
Ricardo Carrizales El Paso Water Utilities
6. Discussion and Action on Appeal of a 13 (C) Claim submitted by Jaime A. Arellano, Jr. Regarding Violations of CSC Rule 13 Involving Unpaid Wages for Several Years on Sick Leave and Vacation Pay (Claim SM-11-001):
7. Discussion and Action on Appeal of Disqualification to take Examination and/or Removal of Name from Eligible List in accordance with C.S.C. Rule 8.1.d.1:
A. Dominguez, Bryan Veterinary Technician
B. Miranda, Luis Land Management Superintendent
C. Setzu, Gerardo Land Management Superintendent
The Civil Service Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Civil Service Commission Rule 1,
Section 11(a) and the Texas Government Code, Section 551, Subchapter D to discuss any of the following:
(The items listed below are matters of the sort routinely discussed in Executive Session, but the Commission
may move to Executive Session any of the items on this agenda, consistent with the terms of the Open
Meetings Act.). The Commission will return to open session to take any final action.
Section 551.071 CONSULTATION WITH ATTORNEY
Section 551.074 PERSONNEL MATTERS
Please note that you will need to have Acrobat Reader to open PDF documents. If you do not have Acrobat Reader you may
download the free program from the following address: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readerstep2.html.
Sign language interpreters will be provided for this meeting upon request. Requests must be made to Human Resources at a
minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audio
upon request. Request must be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of the meeting.
Posted this 9th day of May, 2011 at __________p.m. _____________________________________________
Mary L. Holguin Civil Service Recorder