NON-EMERGENCY: 915-832-4400 | EMERGENCY: 911
- U.S. Citizen or Naturalized Citizen.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. and be twenty-one (21) years old by the date of graduation from the Academy, supplemented by either twelve (12) accredited postsecondary semester credit hours in any field of study or be eighteen (18) years by the time of application with an associate's degree; or 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university in any field of study, or has received an honorable discharge from the armed forces of the United States after two (2) years active service and has never received a dishonorable or other discharge based on misconduct which bars future military service plus one (1) year of general experience.
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle.
- Current and valid driver's license, proof of liability insurance; and
- Not having been convicted of any combination of three (3) or more moving violations and or motor vehicle accidents at fault in the preceding 36 months
- No outstanding Department of Public Safety and/or Municipal Court Arrest Warrants.
- Not ever have been or currently on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense ABOVE the grade of Class B Misdemeanor or a Class B Misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order.
- Not currently charged with any criminal offense for which conviction would be a bar to licensure.
- Has never been convicted in any court of an offense involving family violence as defined under Chapter 71, Texas Family Code.
- If a Veteran, never received a dishonorable discharge or other discharge based on misconduct which bars future military service.
*Please note that the El Paso Police Department utilizes TCOLE standards regarding accreditation bodies.