City of El Paso Wireless Communication Permitting
Personal Wireless Service Facilities
The City of El Paso classifies cell phone towers as personal wireless service facilities and regulates them under section 20.10.455 of the city's municipal code.
For details on the application and review process... Learn More
Telecommunications on the Right of Way
What is SB 1004?
Establishes Chapter 284 (Deployment of Network Nodes in Public Right-of-Way) of the Local Government Code and standardizes the municipal permitting process for the deployment of network nodes across Texas
Grants access to Public ROW to network providers subject to permitting requirements and payment to cities.
Sets standards for:
• When a permit is required
• Installation and Construction
• Size Restrictions
• Location Restrictions where above-ground structures in a ROW are prohibited
• Permitting Process and Shot Clock
• Fees for Access to Public ROW
• Access to Municipally-Owned Poles