Help Name The Park
YOU can help name the newest park in far East El Paso.
Situated in the upper Eastside and boasting more than 90 acres, this new public space is primed to become a premier destination for residents and visitors, and El Paso’s largest municipally-managed park. Once fully developed, it will be twice as big as Eastwood (Album) Park.
Phase one of this new park, at 13501 Jason Crandall Drive, will open in 2020. Phase two is in the design stage.
How to Enter
All you have to do is submit a NAME ENTRY following these specific and simple rules:
- Name must not duplicate (in part or its entirety) the name of another local park or City facility
- Must not be more than two (2) words, excluding the word “park”
- Must not be the name of a person(s) or organization(s) or company(s)
- Must not endorse or advocate any religion or specific religious belief
- Must not be vulgar in name, meaning, or suggestion or discriminate against any ethnic group
- Must be submitted by midnight on January 15, 2020
Suggestions Submission Closed
- Thank you for your submissions! -
ABOUT THE PARK PROJECT
This project is designed to create a great space that offers unique experiences. It is part of the City’s commitment to expand recreational, educational and cultural opportunities.
Phase One encompasses approximately 11 acres. It will open by summer of 2020 and includes:
- An indoor natatorium featuring a 50-meter competition-ready pool with a diving well and 1-and 3-meter diving boards, spectator seating, warm-up and cool-down pool, office, training room and lockers.
- A multigenerational community center with a gymnasium, spectator seating, multipurpose classrooms, kitchen, dining area, reading area, computer lab, indoor running track, and a fitness area.
- Oasis Water Park an outdoor aquatics playground featuring slides, a climbing wall, leisure pool, a kiddie area, a wave surfing ride, cabanas, and much more.
- Other amenities such as parking, an entrance plaza, walking trails, landscaping and public art.
Phase Two features about 22 acres. The design phase for this section began this year (2019) and its scope includes:
- Two softball fields
- An all abilities playground
- Additional parking
- A BMX/skate park (Phase 2 includes funding for design only. Identification of construction funds pending.)