NOTICE OF ADOPTION
Notice is hereby given that, during a regular meeting of the City Council held on October 15, 2019, the Mayor has approved and the City Council has passed the following Ordinances:
ORDINANCE 018989 An Ordinance granting Special Permit No. PZST19-00007, to allow for infill development with reductions in the required front and street side yard setbacks, and a reduction in the minimum number of required parking spaces, and to rescind Special Permit SP90-20 on the property described as a portion of Lots 11, 12, 13, and 14, Block 2, Alexander Addition (404 E. Arizona Avenue), City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas, Pursuant to Section 20.10.280 Infill Development of the El Paso City Code. The penalty being as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. The proposed special permit meets the intent of the Future Land Use designation for the property and is in accordance with Plan El Paso, the City’s Comprehensive Plan. Subject Property: 404 E. Arizona Avenue. Owner: LEFT Investments, LLC PZST19-00007.
ORDINANCE 018990 An Ordinance changing the zoning of Section 15, Block 79, Township 3, Texas and Pacific Railway Company Surveys, City Of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas from R-F to R-3A. The penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. Subject Property: North of Pellicano Drive and East of Dominic Anakin Drive. Property owner: Cuesta del Sol, Inc. PZRZ19-00017
ORDINANCE 018991 An Ordinance amending the Future Land Use Map contained in "Plan El Paso" for the property legally described as Section 15, Block 79, Township 3, Texas and Pacific Railway Company Surveys, City Of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas, from O6, Potential Annexation, to G4, Suburban. Subject Property: North of Pellicano Drive and East of Dominic Anakin Drive. Property Owner: Cuesta del Sol, Inc. PLCP19-00001
ORDINANCE 018992 An Ordinance amending Ordinance 7861 to amend the Bingo Prize Fee imposed by the City of El Paso to 50 percent of the 5 percent Bingo Prize Fee collected by authorized organizations within the City of El Paso on Prizes of more than $5.00.
ORDINANCE 018993 An Ordinance, amending Title 12, Chapter 12.88 (Schedules), Section 12.88.180 (No stopping or standing - Tow-away zone), Subsection A, Subsubsection 15 of the El Paso City Code, to delete the parking and standing prohibition on both sides of Coles Street from Second Avenue to Paisano Drive. The penalty being provided in Chapter 12.84 of the El Paso City Code.
ORDINANCE 018994 An Ordinance vacating vehicular traffic use for portions of South Oregon Street, South Mesa Street, South Kansas Street, and Park Street which intersect with State Loop 375, Border West Expressway.
Laura D. Prine, City Clerk
NOTICE OF INTRODUCTION
Pursuant to Section 3.9A of the El Paso City Charter, the following Ordinances were properly introduced at a Regular Council Meeting on October 15, 2019:
- An Ordinance terminating Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number Twelve, City of El Paso, Texas. Dissolving the Tax Increment Fund for the Zone; Dissolving the Board of Directors for the Zone; and providing and effective date.
- An Ordinance approving amendment number two to the final project plan and finance plan for Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone Number Eleven, the City of El Paso, Texas; and establishing a Sales Tax and Use Tax Increment contribution by the City of the Zone’s Tax Increment Fund.
- An Ordinance granting a special privilege license to Summit Indigo EP LLC. to permit the construction, installation, maintenance, use, and repair of a surface encroachment of two (2) new planter beds over portions of city right-of-way along Main and Kansas streets adjacent to the property located at 325 N. Kansas street, El Paso, Texas Subject Property: 325 N. Kansas Property Owner: Summit Indigo EP, LLC. NESV2019-00008.
- An Ordinance amending Title 19 (Subdivision and development plats), Article 2 (Subdivision Standards), Chapter 19.20 (Parks and Open Space), Section 19.20.070 (Deed conveyance) of the El Paso City Code, to clarify the requirements for the conveyance instrument and to allow for deferral of delivery of the conveyance instrument in circumstances where the obligation to install public improvements to serve a subdivision or development is deferred until after recordation of the final plat. The penalty is as provided in Chapter 19.42 of the El Paso City Code.
- An Ordinance amending Title 12, Chapter 12.88 (Schedules), Section 12.88.030 (Schedule III - Parking prohibited at all times on certain streets), Subsection 240 (Both sides of Westcity Court from Waymore Drive to Eubank Court) of the City Code to remove the parking restriction on the east side of Westcity Court from Waymore Drive to Eubank Court. The penalty being provided in Chapter 12.84 of the El Paso City Code.
PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON OCTOBER 29, 2019 FOR ITEMS 1 THROUGH 5
- An Ordinance amending the Regulating Plan placed on the property under Ordinance No. 018024 which changed the zoning of a 7.645 acre parcel of land legally described as being all of Lot 2 and a portion of Lots 1 and 3, University Center as filed in Volume 23, Page 35, El Paso County Deed Records, El Paso County, Texas from C-1 (Commercial) and C-3 (Commercial) to SCZ (Smartcode Zone). The Penalty is as provided for in Chapter 20.24 of the El Paso City Code. Subject Property: West of Mesa Street and East of Sun Bowl Drive; Owner: University of Texas. PLRP19-00007
PUBLIC HEARING WILL BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 12, 2019 FOR ITEM 6
Laura D. Prine, City Clerk