Outreach & Timeline
The MACC is the only 2012 bond-project so far that has had a subcommittee created of citizens appointed by Mayor and Council to drive deeper public engagement, develop community-driven programming, and site recommendations.
Additionally, there has been extensive public outreach for this project going back to 2015:
- 8 public meetings with onsite translation
- 7 presentations to Council and Bond Oversight Advisory Committee
- 19 streamed, open meetings of MACC Subcommittee with public comment from March 2015 through January 2017
- 2 Open House events to solicit feedback
- A local artist survey
- Focus groups and conversations with 200+ stakeholders including representatives
As the MACC gets closer to construction and completion, the city will host additional charrettes to shape the programming and amenities that will be in the facility.
Design phase, charrettes, public meetings
Executive Director national search
Master strategic planning process begins
Construction procurement and award
Master exhibition/programming process finalized