Big Latch On 2019Splashathon 2019


  • Nutrition Education 
  • Breastfeeding Education and Support 
  • High Risk Assessment and Counseling 
  • Medical Nutrition Screening 
  • Medical/Social Referrals 
  • Healthy Supplemental Foods


What is WIC?


Schedule an appointment


WIC Authorized Foods


Nutrition Education Services

  • Classes at your center
  • Self-Paced lessons
  • Take home lessons such as educational videos
  • Online

Breastfeeding Services

  • Breastfeeding Peer Counselors available to assist at all centers
  • Breastfeeding lessons
  • Breast Pump Program
  • Assistance from International Board of Lactation Consultant if needed or requested
  • WIC Client Breastfeeding Referral Handout
  • Mother Friendly Initiative


Astrid Lara





Helpful Numbers / Websites


Frequently Asked Questions

  • If I am not a citizen can I apply for WIC?

    As long as you reside in the El Paso, Hudspeth county you are eligible to apply for the WIC program.

  • If my child was born in the United States, yet currently resides outside of Texas, is my child entitled to get WIC?

    No, each child must reside in Texas in order to be eligible to apply for Texas WIC. WIC Programs are available in every state.

  • If I receive no income, what should I bring to my WIC appointment?

    Participants must provide income of all members that are working in the household or financial support given or paid to the household and/or if none report no income.

  • What do I do if I can’t find my WIC card?

    Participants need to call Customer Service Center at (915) 212-4WIC (4942) to set up an appointment to receive replacement card. Once replacement card has been received then benefits can be loaded onto the card. Without the card, no benefits can be loaded.

  • Can I receive sample formula to last me until my WIC appointment?

    WIC no longer provides sample formula; therefore participant will need to purchase their own formula to last them until the day of their WIC appointment.

  • What do I need to do if the formula provided does not agree with my baby?

    Refer to your Pediatrician for assistance. If your Pediatrician changes formula to a non-contract formula then a prescription is needed. Participants need to contact the WIC Customer Service Center to set up appointment in order to request formula change. Participants need to provide completed prescription upon attending their WIC appointment.

  • Can I receive formula if I currently have the enhanced breastfeeding food package (100% breastfeeding)

    Since every breastfeeding participant receives breastfeeding support, all mother who request formula will receive individual counseling with a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor or Breastfeeding Educator to assure that is the route mom would like to take. If participant decides to continue with formula request and she has not redeemed any of her current month food benefits, she can be eligible to receive formula for current month. If a mother did redeem any current month benefits then we will not be able to issue formula for current month. Future months can be adjusted to include formula amount needed.

  • If I am returning to El Paso can I still use my WIC card?

    Yes, your card can be re-activated, therefore upon setting an appointment please inform staff you have a WIC card previously used when on the program.


Hours of Operation

WIC Program

915-212-4WIC (4942)


Breastfeeding After hours


Monday-Saturday from 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.


Prevent adverse health related effect in pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum women and young children under five years of age by providing nutritional knowledge/services