Training and Skills Development
Our Training & Skills Development Program provides job-specific, evaluation, and professional development services to ESD staff, so they can maintain a competent, professional, and well-trained workforce.
- Division Specific Training Sessions
- Skills Development Training Sessions
- Supervisory and Leadership Training Sessions
- Training Assessments
- Defensive Driving Courses
- HAZWOPER 8 hour refresher courses
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Helpful Links to CEU websites:
- Texas Department of State Health Service
- The American Association of Code Enforcement
- Texas A&M Engineering Service
- Code Enforcement Association of Texas
- Code Standards Institute: Texas, Inc.
- Texas Illegal Dumping Resource Center
- Hardin & Associates Consulting, LLC
- Texas Environmental Health Association
- North Central Texas Council of Governments
- CEU Course Coming to El Paso
Interested in a career with the Environmental Services Department?
We have many positions that are frequently in demand, including code compliance inspector, animal services field officer, building inspector, and solid waste truck driver.
Visit the City of El Paso’s Human Resources page to apply.
Your opinions are important to us! Please send suggestions/ comments for training events to ESDTraining@elpasotexas.gov