Outreach & Volunteer Programs
The Environmental Services Department (ESD) welcomes the opportunity to provide a guest speaker at your event. We are available for presentations to schools, businesses, professional associations, social/civic organizations, health fairs, and other special events.
To request a guest speaker or invite us to participate at your event, please fill out and submit the Event Request Form below. Someone will contact you to confirm our attendance.
BECOME AN ESD VOLUNTEER
Are you passionate about recycling, keeping our neighborhoods clean, or just want to make a difference in your community?
Then you have come to the right place. At ESD, we are committed to working with the community to keep our neighborhoods clean, safe, healthy and beautiful.
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities that you can choose from and are involved in numerous beautification projects that you can help support. Reach out to us today, and let us start making a difference.
WHAT CAN I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
An ESD volunteer can serve as a:
- Recycle Right Neighborhood Captain - educate their neighbors in placing only the approved recyclable items in the blue.
- ESD Ambassador/Outreach Volunteer - assist in educating the community on the various services that ESD provides.
- ESD Country Store Repair Technician - help determine which items can be re-purposed, fixed, painted and made new/reusable again.
REQUIREMENTS TO VOLUNTEER
- Must submit a City volunteer application.
- 18+ years old, (Ages 16-17 must volunteer with a parent or guardian. Parent or guardian must also become a volunteer. Parent/guardian will need to be present at all times while the minor is volunteering)
- Must have a working phone and or have access to an email address.