The City of El Paso Environmental Services Department provides residential and commercial garbage and recycling collection and disposal services for approximately 175,000 customers. Garbage and recyclables are collected once a week. Collections start at 5 a.m. and are conducted Tuesdays through Fridays. Bins must be placed out for collection no earlier than 6 p.m. the night before your scheduled collection day. Both bins must be off the city right of way by 7 p.m. on your collection day. Trash and containers should not be at the curb except on your weekly pick up day.
Environmental Services Department (ESD) Collections Division is proud to be recognized by SWANA with a Silver Excellence Award in 2013. The division's success can be measured by their 99.6% collection rate of having bins emptied on their first attempt. For more information contact us at (915) 212-6000.
- Solid waste customers are billed a monthly fee of $17 plus tax. Commercial fee is $26.
- Each additional gray container is $17 plus tax per month. To request an extra gray container, call (915) 212-6000. Blue bins are limited to one per household.
- Overflowing bins requiring the driver to make one extra lift to collect garbage that did not fit in the bin with the lid completely closed are charged an extra fee of $4.50. If excess waste requires more than one additional lift, driver will leave waste behind requiring customer to contact Environmental Services at (915) 212-6000 to make arrangements for a special pick-up.
- Customers whose bins are tagged for violations of the El Paso City Code may call Environmental Services to have driver return after violation has been corrected. A $10 fee will be assessed.
- Senior and Disabled Citizens discount is 20% of the $17 monthly fee or $12 plus tax. No discount given on additional bins. If a Senior and Disabled Citizens Discount is obtained, customer is not eligible for Sidedoor Collection Service (Curbside Exemption Waiver).
- Fees are billed and collected by the El Paso Water Utility.
- Customers must first open an account with El Paso Water Utilities, (915) 594-5566.
- Customers should then call the Environmental Services Department to request new service, (915) 212-6000.
- Customers receive one 96-gallon grey garbage bin and one blue recycling bin within 10 business days.
- Customers can put garbage bags on the curb on their designated collection day until the bin arrives.
- Bins not placed on the curb on a scheduled collection day can be picked up by calling (915) 212-6000. Same day service not guaranteed.
- A $10 fee will be charged if a solid waste driver returns to empty a garbage bin.
Garbage and Recycling Bin Repair/Replacement
Stolen, damaged or garbage bins in need of repair may be reported by calling 311 or (915) 212-6000. Repairs such as a broken lid or damaged wheel are free of charge unless the damage was caused by the customer. If the bin is damaged by the customer, a $55 replacement fee will be billed.
- If you need to request a collection for extra household waste or bulky items, call (915) 212-6000.
- For information on fees and items that can be collected through this service, visit Special Collections online.