Free Paint and Mulch Program
The City of El Paso Environmental Services Department offers free paint to the public at all Citizen Collection Stations. The program is designed to redistribute old paint for use in neighborhoods as a means to protect our environment by keeping it out of the landfill.
The used paint at the drop-off sites is distributed in 5-gallon containers. It is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the collection sites.
Paint Reuse Guidelines
- The request for paint must come from an El Paso resident.
- All appropriate documentation (Reusable Paint Request Form) must be completed prior to receiving paint.
- There is a limit of 5 gallons of paint per customer, per visit. Some exceptions apply upon special requests.
- The City of El Paso Environmental Services Department does not warrant or guarantee the purity, quality, color or durability of any paint.
- A label will be placed on all containers outlining the proper use and disposal of the paint. A quality color and durability disclaimer will also be on the label.
The Citizen Collection Stations are now offering free mulch on a year-round basis to the general public. Mulch may be used as a ground cover to protect the soil and to inhibit weed growth.
While mulch is free to the general public, there is a fee for businesses. For more information, call (915) 212-6000.
Clean El Paso
Citizen Collection Stations
|Northeast:||4501 Hondo Pass||[map]|
|PHONE: (915) 212-6000|