FOR THE EL PASO HISTORIC LANDMARK COMMISSION
DATE: June 10, 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
PLACE: 1st Floor, Council Chambers
City Hall Building, 300 N. Campbell
I. CALL TO THE PUBLIC – PUBLIC COMMENT
II. REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION AND ACTION
Certificate of Appropriateness
1. PHDM13-00001: 4 Mills, 70 ft. on Mills, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 204 E. Mills Avenue
Historic District: Downtown
Property Owner: Lane Gaddy
Representative: Charles Austin
Representative District: 8
Existing Zoning: C-5 (Commercial)/H
Year Built: 1921
Historic Status: Non-contributing
Request: Certificate of Demolition for the demolition of the facade.
Application Filed: 05/23/13
45 Day Expiration: 07/07/13
2. PHAP13-00012: Lot 42 and 43, Block 17, Sunset Heights, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 837 W. Yandell
Historic District: Sunset Heights
Property Owner: Jorge Morales
Representative: Jorge Morales
Representative District: 8
Existing Zoning: R-4/H (Residential/Historic)
Year Built: 1961
Historic Status: Contributing
Request: Certificate of Appropriateness for the construction of a three car detached garage at the rear yard.
Application Filed: 06/03/13
45 Day Expiration: 07/18/13
3. Addresses of property HLC commissioners have requested that HLC staff review or investigate and provide a report to the HLC. If no addresses are submitted in advance and listed under this agenda item, commissioners may announce such addresses under this agenda item. Discussion on property announced at this meeting will take place during the next regularly scheduled meeting. June 10, 2013 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the June 24, 2013 meeting. June 24, 2013 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the July 8, 2013 meeting.
HLC Staff Report
4. Update on Administrative Review Cases since last HLC meeting for the properties listed on the attachment posted with this agenda.
(See Attachment “A”)
5. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes for April 22 and May 6, 2013.
The Historic Landmark Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Section 3.5 of the El Paso City Charter and the Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071-551.076 to discuss an item on this agenda.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Sign language interpreters will be provided for this hearing upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audiotape upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing.