FOR THE EL PASO HISTORIC LANDMARK COMMISSION
DATE: April 22, 2013
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
PLACE: 1st Floor, Auditorium
El Paso Main Library, 501 N. Oregon
I. CALL TO THE PUBLIC – PUBLIC COMMENT
II. REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION AND ACTION
1. Election of a Vice-Chairperson.
Certificate of Appropriateness
2. PHAP13-00006: Lots 1 and 2, Block 34, Manhattan Heights, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 1416 Elm
Historic District: Manhattan Heights
Property Owner: Michael G. Trujillo
Representative: Ameca Windows and Doors, Humberto Rodriguez
Representative District: 2
Existing Zoning: R-3/H (Residential/Historic)
Year Built: 1930
Historic Status: Contributing
Request: Certificate of Appropriateness for the replacement of existing windows with white vinyl windows with 6 over 6 grid pattern on top and bottom sash.
Application Filed: 03/25/13
45 Day Expiration: 05/09/13
3. PHAP13-00007: Lot 23 Mills, 63 ft. on Stanton, 120 ft. on Franklin SW corner, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 311 Franklin Avenue
Historic District: Listed on the El Paso Inventory of Historic Sites
Property Owner: Joseph M. Nebhan
Representative: Marilyn Del Rio, DRS Architecture
Representative District: 8
Existing Zoning: C-5 (Commercial)
Year Built: 1921
Historic Status: El Paso Inventory of Historic Sites
Request: Certificate of Appropriateness for the installation of glass block in a storefront on Stanton Street in opposition to the submitted tax exemption application.
Application Filed: 04/01/13
45 Day Expiration: 05/16/13
4. PHAP13-00008: Lot 10, Government Hill, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 1313 Hardaway Street
Historic District: Austin Terrace
Property Owner: Carlos and Norma Orozco
Representative: Carlos Orozco
Representative District: 2
Existing Zoning: R-4/H (Residential/Historic)
Year Built: 1961
Historic Status: Non-Contributing
Request: Certificate of Appropriateness for the landscaping of the front yard and parkways with artificial grass and hardscape exceeding 50%.
Application Filed: 04/04/13
45 Day Expiration: 05/19/13
5. Addresses of property HLC commissioners have requested that HLC staff review or investigate and provide a report to the HLC. If no addresses are submitted in advance and listed under this agenda item, commissioners may announce such addresses under this agenda item. Discussion on property announced at this meeting will take place during the next regularly scheduled meeting. April 22, 2013 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the May 6, 2013 meeting. May 6, 2013 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the May 20, 2013 meeting.
HLC Staff Report
6. Update on Administrative Review Cases since last HLC meeting for the properties listed on the attachment posted with this agenda.
(See Attachment “A”)
7. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes for April 8, 2013.
8. Update on potential historic district located in the Five Points West area.
9. Update on the appeal of PHAP12-00049 – 2817 Wheeling Avenue.
The Historic Landmark Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Section 3.5 of the El Paso City Charter and the Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071-551.076 to discuss an item on this agenda.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Sign language interpreters will be provided for this hearing upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audiotape upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing.