FOR THE EL PASO HISTORIC LANDMARK COMMISSION
DATE: November 19, 2012
TIME: 4:00 p.m.
PLACE: 2nd Floor, City Council Chambers
City Hall Building, Two Civic Center Plaza
I. CALL TO THE PUBLIC – PUBLIC COMMENT
II. REGULAR AGENDA – DISCUSSION AND ACTION
1. Reminder of Ethics Training
Certificate of Appropriateness
2. PHDM12-0001: 14 Mills 40.00 Ft On San Antonio X 66.00 Ft
Beg 80, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas
Location: 104-106 E. San Antonio
Historic District: Downtown
Property Owner: River Oaks Properties, Ltd.
Representative: Geoffrey Wright
Representative District: 8
Existing Zoning: C-5/H
Year Built: c. 1912
Historic Status: Non-contributing
Request: Certificate of Demolition
Application Filed: 11/5/12
45 Day Expiration: 12/20/12
3. PHAP12-00042: The east 15 feet of Lot 11 and of Lots 12, 13, and14, Block 22, Manhattan Heights Addition, City of El Paso, El Paso County, Texas.
Location: 2920 Federal
Historic District: Manhattan Heights
Property Owner: Stuart Leeds
Representative: Stuart Leeds
Representative District: 2
Existing Zoning: R-4/H (Residential/Historic)
Year Built: 1938
Historic Status: Contributing
Request: Certificate of appropriateness for the installation of a metal roof.
Application Filed: 11/05/12
45 Day Expiration: 12/20/12
- Addresses of property HLC Commissioners have requested that HLC staff review or investigate and provide a report to the HLC. If no addresses are submitted in advance and listed under this agenda item, Commissioners may announce such addresses under this agenda item. Discussion on property announced at this meeting will take place during the next regularly scheduled meeting. November 19, 2012 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the December 3, 2012 meeting. December 3, 2012 deadline for HLC members to request for agenda items to be scheduled for the December 17, 2012 meeting.
HLC Staff Report
- Update on Administrative Review Cases since last HLC meeting for the properties listed on the attachment posted with this agenda.
(See Attachment “A”)
6. A. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes for October 22, 2012
B. Discussion of City Council’s decision to overturn the HLC’s denial to demolish the Muir Building
C. Election of a new Chair for the HLC
D. Discussion of a workshop for HLC commissioners
The Historic Landmark Commission may retire into Executive Session pursuant to Section 3.5 of the El Paso City Charter and the Texas Government Code, Sections 551.071-551.076 to discuss an item on this agenda.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Sign language interpreters will be provided for this hearing upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 24 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing. Copies of this agenda will be provided in Braille, large print or audiotape upon request. Requests must be made to the City Development Department, Planning Division, Historic Preservation a minimum of 48 hours prior to the date and time of this hearing. Posted: November 15, 2012