How to help improve air quality in our region
What can I do to limit ozone formation?
- Limit driving and idling; instead, carpool, combine errands, use public transportation, bike, or walk.
- Don’t top off the tank when refueling your vehicle.
- Keep your vehicle maintained, including proper tire pressure.
- Maintain your yard equipment, including changing the oil and replacing air filters regularly. Also consider using tools without motors. Hand tools such as shears, edgers, and push reel mowers are lightweight, quiet, and easy to use, and do not generate emissions.
- Don’t burn yard waste.
- Use paint and cleaning products with less or zero VOCs.
- Refuel in late afternoon or evening
Emissions Calculator: http://cleanairforelpaso.org/evaluate-your-commute/
Brochure Link: http://drivecleantexas.org/docs/brochure.pdf
Drive Clean Across Texas Print Materials: http://drivecleantexas.org/resources/
Helpful link to Ozone Fact Sheet: https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/comm_exec/pubs/gi/gi-435.pdf