EPMA Seeks Volunteer Docents
Do you want to learn about art and share what you know with others? Interested in volunteering in a museum atmosphere? Sign up for the El Paso Museum of Art's Docent Training Program! The 7-month new docent training program begins January 28, 2008. Classes will be held weekly on Monday mornings.
Benefits of being an El Paso Museum of Art docent include:
Requirements of Docents in Training:
- Education in visual & cultural arts
- A rewarding opportunity to give back what you've learned to the community
- Work with El Paso school children in the Museum galleries
- Complimentary membership to the Museum
- Invitations to special events, lectures and openings
- 10% discount on items purchased in the Museum Gift Shop
- Subscription to the Museum newsletter
- Research privileges for the Meadows Art Library
Interested? Call (915) 532-1707 ext. 16 to put your name on the roster. Space is limited, so sign-up early and be sure you are ready for the commitment. Thank you for supporting your El Paso Museum of Art.
- Commitment to 7 month training program (classes held once a week)
- A two-year commitment to the docent program
- Attend all art history lectures and training sessions
- Attend all docent meetings
- Observe at least 4 docent led tours
- Conduct a minimum of 4 tours per month upon completion of classroom/gallery instruction.
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.