Storm 2006 Capital Project Updates
As progress continues in the citywide project addressing the critical repair and reconstruction priorities that resulted from Storm 2006, repairs have initiated on Castellano Drive and the second phase of the Westside Flood Damage Improvements Project reaches channel reconstruction.
Effective October 30, 2007 construction commenced in the Castellano Drive-Junction Box/Inlet Repairs Project. The repairs will consist of the removal and disposal of the existing damaged inlet box and the construction of a new inlet box near the intersection of Mesa and Castellano. The public is advised that Castellano will be closed to traffic from Mesa to Vaquero to allow for the necessary repairs.
Westside Flood Damage Improvements Project, Phase II
- Access to and from Mesa Street on Castellano Drive will be diverted onto Argonaut Drive
- Pedestrian access will be available
- Expected construction period of 45 days
- Total approximate project cost of $47,200
Work continues on track in the second phase of the Westside Flood Damage Improvements Project providing for enhanced stormwater management. Lane and partial street closures began to mobilize recently at some intersections along Silver Springs. The closures are necessary to replace the existing channel and to continue expediting the project.
Diamond Point and Golden Springs will be partially closed at the Silver Springs intersection:
Canyon Springs and Castle Rock will be closed at the Silver Springs intersection:
- Access will still be available to traffic at all times
- Expected construction period of 8 weeks upon commencement
The scope of work for Phase II targets the reconstruction of the channel and roadway along Silver Springs Drive including the following improvements:
- Temporary crossing will be provided for access
- Expected construction period of 6 weeks upon commencement
Project highlights include:
- Installation of new box culvert structures (storm drain pipes) and relocation of associated water and sanitary sewer line adjustments under the following roadway crossings: Diamond Point Circle, Silver Springs Drive, Canyon Springs Drive and Castlerock Lane
- Construction of new reinforced concrete lined channel from Shadow Mountain Drive to Castlerock Lane
- Construction of a desilting basin located upstream of Castlerock Lane
- Construction of a reclaimed water line, landscaped medians and public areas, curb and gutter, sidewalks, striping and pavement on Silver Springs Drive
- Start date of August 29, 2007
- Expected project duration of 9 months
- Total approximate project cost of $5.8 million
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.