Eastside Median Project: Beautifying the Cityscape
As part of the City's continual effort to enrich the community's landscape, a median improvement project began last year, revitalizing streets on the eastside. The George Dieter, Montwood and Pebble Hills Median Landscaping Project is reaching completion, enhancing the operational and aesthetic conditions of these streets.
Another project under the voter approved 2004 Bond Issue, the George Dieter, Montwood and Pebble Hills Median Landscaping project was completed at a total cost of approximately $3.4 million and implemented several features, including:
With over 66,000 linear feet of new landscape and operational improvements along these medians, project limits along George Dieter, Montwood and Pebble Hills included the following:
- Installation of ADA ramps and crosswalks at street intersections
- New irrigation systems
- New landscape plants, boulders, weed barrier and rock mulches
- Installation of new street lighting
- From Montana to Montwood
- Approximately 11,900 linear feet
- From McRae to Zanzibar and Brian Mooney to Joe Battle
- Approximately 29,200 linear feet
- Joe Battle to Sun Fire
- Approximately 2,800 linear feet
- Yarbrough to Joe Battle
- Approximately 22,100 linear feet
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and email address.