Environmental Services Providing Special Collections for the Citizens of El Paso
The Special Collections Division provides numerous services for the Collection of Bulky Waste, Illegal Dumping, Dead animal pick up and Alley Clean up.
- Collection of Bulky Waste: Individuals residing in the City Limits can call any one of our offices for an extra charge of collection of limbs, White goods (stoves, refrigerators, hot water heaters, dish washers, etc.), additional garbage, wood, yard waste, old furniture, beds, tires, etc. The costs for picking such items are established based on the size of load that will be picked up. cy = Cubic yards
|5cy or less
||$32.48 with tax
||$64.95 with tax
||$ 86.60 with tax
||$108.25 with tax
||$129.90 with tax
||$171.04 with tax
||$214.34 with tax
||$267.38 with tax
||$334.49 with tax
Once you have placed your request for a special collection it takes the City between 5 to 10 working days to collect such items from the properties. Calls are taken on a first come first serve basis. Waste must be placed in an area that will not obstruct pedestrian sidewalks or traffic and must be placed as close as possible to the edge of the curb, within a distance of 5 feet from the edge of the curb.
- Illegal Dumping: The City has a team of Environmental Enforcement Officers that investigates illegal dumping throughout the City of El Paso. Individuals can call and report illegal dumping on the 541-4560 number. Individuals or owners of the property are put on notice to clean up all illegal dumping and if they fail to comply within the time limit, it then is transferred to the Department of Environmental Services where they send City employees to clean the illegal dumping.
- Alley Cleaning: The City has a crew that is going around cleaning all alleys located throughout the City of El Paso. Citizens who have alleys located behind their homes are responsible for maintaining those areas as free of debris and overgrown weeds. The crew is going around at least once a year to help with illegal dumping and clean up efforts. Environmental Enforcement is going around and advising residents that they are responsible for maintaining and keeping their alleys clean at all times.
- Dead Animal Pick up: The City has a service for picking up dead animals throughout the City Limits of El Paso. If a resident has a pet that has died, they can call the City at 621-6700 to have their pet picked up for a charge that can be added to their water bill. The dead animal must be placed in a bag and on the edge of the curb. Dead animals found on the roadside can be called in during the hours of 7:00 am - 4:00 p.m. For after hours you can call the El Paso Police Department at 832-4400. Please call the Department of Environmental Services for prices.
- Phone Numbers for our offices:
|Northwest Office 832-3232
||Fax Number 832-3239
|Northeast Office 751-4442
||Fax Number 757-9903
|Main Office 621-6700
||Fax Number 621-6711
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.