Home Improvements Start With DSD: Swimming Pools & Fencing
Ready to beat the summer heat with a new swimming pool? The Development Services Department (DSD) reminds the public that permits are required for most home improvements, including swimming pools & other home fencing.
Here are a few tips to enjoy the summer with a new pool and any added home fencing!
To better assist the legalizing and realizing of these summer projects contact
DSD at 541-4600 or 541-4700
- A contractor must be registered with the City for permit issuance. To check if a potential contractor is registered contact DSD or click on the following link, http://www.elpasotexas.gov/building_services/contractor2.asp
- DSD will verify and clarify all zoning and building information needed
- Do not allow an unregistered contractor to build without first obtaining a plan review and building permit from the Building Permits and Inspections Division (BP& I)
- A swimming pool application fee is $90 (may include fencing permitting)
- A fencing application fee is $60
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.