Downtown Construction Update, Final Franklin Construction Begins
Effective Monday, July 9th, Franklin from Oregon to Mesa closed to traffic to allow for the final phase of construction of the street as part of the Central Business District Phase III reconstruction project.
The scope of work will consist of the removal and replacement of existing asphalt pavement, sidewalks, driveways and existing traffic signals and street lighting. The improvement project will upgrade all existing water and sanitary sewer lines.
Work previously completed on Franklin includes the following:
- Pedestrian access will be available
- Traffic will be diverted onto Oregon, Kansas and Stanton
- Expected construction time of 3 months
- Intersection of Mesa and Franklin will be closed to traffic for approximately 5 weeks
- Overall initiative ahead of schedule with expected completion late this Summer
- Construction between Campbell and Kansas opened to traffic as of late April
- Construction between Kansas and Stanton opened to traffic mid June
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and email address.