Pershing Dam Improvements Initiate
As all efforts under the Storm 2006 Capital Project continue in full force, the Pershing Dam Improvements Project now takes shape as part of the initiative enhancing storm water management facilities throughout the city.
Another identified project in the critical infrastructure repair and reconstruction priorities listing that resulted from Storm 2006, the Pershing Dam Improvement Project just mobilized on April 21, 2008. The project scope will center on restoring the Upper and Lower basin of the Pershing Dam to its original design configuration and capacity while providing several improvements to include:
Additional Project Highlights
- Slope re-shaping and stabilization
- Re-establishment of drainage berms
- Installation of a new spillway structure
- Installation of 20 new energy dissipaters at the proposed spillway
- Cleaning of existing outlet and inlet structures
- Removal and/or adjustment of fencing/gates
- Expected completion in October
- Approximate construction cost of $1.3 million
- No street closures are anticipated as part of this project
|Newsletter produced by the City Communications & Public Affairs Office.
If you would like to subscribe to receive the Community Newsletter,
send an email to email@example.com, with your name and email address.